Mission & History
Mission of CCHS
CCHS is an educational community centered in the Roman Catholic faith, which teaches individuals to serve as Christians in our changing world.
History of CCHS
CCHS is an outgrowth of an educational program that began in 1887 at St. Mary's Seminary, in what is now uptown Charlotte. In 1955 the school moved to a facility on Park Road (now Holy Trinity Catholic Middle School) and was given the name Charlotte Catholic High School by the Sisters of Mercy who served as teachers. In 1995 the school moved to a new and larger facility on Prineville-Matthews Road where it continues to thrive and be an integral part of the greater Charlotte community.